MPS Partners helps businesses simplify the implementation, adoption and support of Microsoft platforms to increase enterprise efficiency and automation.
Interested in reviewing our current job openings or submitting a resume?
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is a web application platform developed by Microsoft for small to large organizations. It is designed as a centralized replacement for multiple web applications and supports various combinations of enterprise website requirements. It is typically associated with web content management and document management systems.
SharePoint’s multi-purpose platform allows for managing and provisioning of intranet portals, extranets and websites, document management and file management, collaboration spaces, social networking tools, enterprise search, business intelligence tooling, process/information integration, and third-party developed solutions. SharePoint can also be used as a web application development platform.
SharePoint is designed to be highly scalable. It is capable of supporting multiple organizations on a single ‘server farm.’ Microsoft sells on-premise versions of SharePoint and also provides SharePoint as a cloud computing solution, as part of BPOS and Office 365.
SharePoint 2013 – The Business Productivity Platform
MPS Partners views SharePoint 2013 as “human middleware.” It provides a platform for connecting business users with key corporate information that resides throughout the organization and with people spread throughout the world. SharePoint 2013 is a series of tools and technologies focused in six distinct areas:
- Sites – Think of SharePoint 2013 Sites as a “one-stop shop” for all your business websites. It provides a full set of tools that your people can use to create any kind of site, plus a single infrastructure that simplifies site management.
- Communities – SharePoint 2013 Communities let people work together in ways that are most effective for them by providing great collaboration tools that anyone can use to share ideas, find people and expertise, and locate business.
- Content – SharePoint 2013 Content makes Enterprise Content Management (ECM) easy for everyone. Combining traditional content management, social capabilities and powerful search, it is as natural to manage as it is to use.
- Search – SharePoint 2013 Search helps your people find the information they need to get their jobs done. It provides intranet search, people search, and a platform to build search-driven applications—all on a single, cost-effective infrastructure.
- Insights – SharePoint 2013 Insights lets everyone access the business information they need to make good decisions. With powerful features like interactive dashboards and scorecards, people can use the information in databases, reports and business applications to address specific needs.
- Composites – SharePoint 2013 Composites provides building blocks that you can use to assemble, connect and configure collaborative business solutions. From simple sites to complex applications, you can rapidly respond to specific business needs with custom solutions.
SharePoint 2013 Adoption Survey
MPS Partners recently commissioned a survey on SharePoint adoption: MPS Partners Survey: Current Trends in SharePoint 2013 Adoption.
MPS Partners Offerings
MPS Partners is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in Portals and Collaboration. This means we have deep expertise in:
- Installation/Configuration/Migration – As you begin your deployment of SharePoint 2013, we provide strategies and best practices that ensure that your deployment will grow to service your business’ needs well into the future. Additionally, we can help you migrate content from your existing Intranet portal to SharePoint easily and efficiently.
- Workflow and Collaboration – SharePoint is an ideal platform for sharing information across business teams. Our experts can help define applications within the SharePoint environment based on simple or highly complex business workflows. We can also use the combination of Sites and Communities to help you build a culture of virtual teams and collaboration across your company.
- Insights – Our business intelligence experts can help you build solutions that expose your corporate data to executives, managers, information workers and analysts through SharePoint’s unique tools that include PerformancePoint Services, Excel Services and Visio Services.
With a solid experience in systems integration, MPS Partners provides expertise in designing, architecting, building and governing solutions in a MOSS environment. Among our many solutions, we have:
- Created a customer portal for a nationwide professional services firm that allows clients, staff and contractors to collaborate and deliver projects.
- Created a people search solution for a manufacturer that allows global staff to search for and find information on teammates throughout the world. Information comes from multiple systems including Oracle HR, local performance review systems and Active Directory.
- Created a complex risk management workflow for a global building technologies firm. This forms-based workflow allows the company to track, manage, measure and monitor risk within its ongoing building projects.
- Created a revenue management dashboard for a financial services firm that carefully monitors the performance of its deals throughout the world.
- Designed an InfoPath form for a global water-pumping and fueling solutions provider that captured information about sales calls. Each report was submitted weekly by a territory sales rep. The report was then reviewed by a regional manager and ultimately approved and made available to all executives via a SharePoint sales management portal. >>
- Developed a SharePoint collaboration site for an audio innovation company that helped foster ongoing collaboration. The collaboration site allows people on the team to share ideas through a structured threaded discussions and wikis, manage projects through shared project plans and timelines, plan activities through a shared calendar and collaborate on the development of documents that are used for projects and used to communicate to the greater organization on initiatives and updates. >>
Please contact us at 312.756.1760 or email@example.com to learn more about our Microsoft Office SharePoint Solutions and Services.
A Provider of Building Services in the Construction Industry >>
National Leading Wholesaler in the Wood Products Industry >>
SAP NetWeaver Gateway
Noticing the advent of consumerization of enterprise software SAP has released the SAP ...>>
Microsoft | SAP Integration - Part 3 (SAP Integration Mechanisms):
Introduction | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
I mentioned in the introduction of this blog ...>>
MPS Partners at SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG Annual Conference
Is your company struggling to get to a single version of the truth to accurately, legally ...>>
IMPACTinsights to Host Webinar on SAP
Meet in the Middle to Rise to the Top
Align Business and Technology Leaders to Maximize ...>>